Time To…

Headlong - c2015 Mindy Armour

Headlong – c2015 Mindy Armour

If you follow my blog, you’ll notice I’ve made quite a few changes! I’m trying to be INTENTIONAL with things: Life (being present), Art (being genuine), Me (allowing myself freedom to explore). Honestly, I’m not quite sure what all that means, but I’m open to it! I know I’m entering a point of transition….kids in college….who am I…. all that kind of stuff. There is suddenly MORE TIME. Yeah, I thought I’d never say that. I’m still busy, but my kids are at a place where they have lives of their own. They are mobile (both have their licenses). They are developing relationships outside the family (which is totally normal and good). They are growing up. It’s exciting…and completely NEW. They are busy, but I have time. Time to figure out what it is that I want to do next. Time to spend just my husband and I….back where we started. I’m totally stoked, and maybe just a little lost. But you know what, I’m going to figure this out. I’m going to jump in HEADLONG and be open to WHATEVER comes my way. Transitions are never without their hurts, worries, and confusions, but this is good. I feel it. I’m excited. I’m READY. Here we go!

13 thoughts on “Time To…

1. Laura (PA Pict) says:

I went through a miniature version of this when my youngest started to school: I had time home alone for the first time in 12 years but, on the other hand, as a SAHM whose children were all out of the house on school days, I felt a lack of purpose beyond household chores and cooking. I set myself creative projects to do in both art and family history – plus I’ve a house to renovate. I think even welcome transitions into a new phase of life can be discombobulating, therefore. It’s great that the independence of your kids (which is down to your success as parents) gives you time to pursue your own interests and time as a couple. That is what is squeezed for us right now. We rarely get time together kid-free. It’s a sacrifice we are more than happy to make, of course, but I admit to looking forward to the phase you are in now. I look forward to seeing what you do with your time.

2. just4crafters says:

Fabulous piece!! Love your post too. So true… the transition can be hard as we venture into unknown territories but the change is good. Thanks for your inspiration πŸ™‚ ~Sophia

3. Carrie Lynn says:

Yay! I’m so happy that you are open to these new changes. Hubs and I don’t have kids so I won’t “really” understand the kid free thingy but nevertheless we are blessed with a lot of nephews and nieces and were sometimes nannies so my cousins could have a decent date with their spouses. I am looking forward to see what you will do with this new gift of time. I’m thinking, more art and more date time with the hubby.

4. stacilys says:

Oh my gosh. Finally I’ve found someone that does mixed media art here on WordPress. I loooovvvveee mixed media. I’ve just started dabbling in it myself. Although I don’t have as much time as you have at the moment. Homeschooling an Aspie son (8) and having a 5 year old girl as well. Anyhow, thanks for liking my last post. It led me to you – YEAH!
    πŸ™‚

• stacilys says:

Oh wow. Really? How did you find homeschooling him? How is he now? We live in Brazil and the school system here just did not work out for him. I’ve just started homeschooling in February. I swear he also has ADHD, but supposedly Asperger’s is wrongly diagnosed as ADHD oftentimes. I would love to read your experience in homeschooling as Aspie.
        πŸ™‚

• groovyjournal says:

It was a learning experience for us both…that’s for sure! I found that if I talked too much, he would shut down, so he did a lot of self paced/ led things and I would check on his work/ progress. He and his sister did the same grade level, and she was a big help too. He’s doing AWESOME! He’s attending a local Jr. College full time this fall as a Theatre Major. Theatre has helped him TREMENDOUSLY, it’s almost like therapy.

• stacilys says:

Ohhhhh, that’s wonderful. My son is suppose to be in grade 3, however the school didn’t help much. The only really good thing with the school was learning to read a bit in Portuguese and the social aspect. He hated school. He has hyper-sensitive hearing and sometimes would go around to all the children and tell them to be quiet. At any rate, we had to start back at the beginning of grade one with him, especially with math. His sister is in kindergarten and is almost at the same level as him.
        πŸ™‚

5. AnnIsikArts says:

I’ve never had children, but there are many ways to experience ’empty nest’ syndrome, I think. Glad to see you are so successfully filling that void. From my experience, what can be the biggest problem, is TOO MUCH choice. It’s like being at a 1000-road crossroads. Thanks )for visiting my blog. πŸ™‚