I’M MINDY AND I BELIEVE ALL ART IS BEAUTIFUL!
YES, ALL ART. Even if you don’t think you are an “artist”, even if you think you can’t draw a stick person to save your life…YOUR art is BEAUTIFUL. It’s a small piece of the uniqueness that is YOU. I encourage you to be BRAVE and create!
AN ARTIST REDISCOVERED
After 19 years of raising kids I’m finding myself getting back to MY artistic and creative potential. I still get a little nervous calling myself an “Artist”, but I’m allowing myself the FREEDOM to start BELIEVING that I am. I’m on a journey to discover my creative voice and style…the one that it purely ME. It’s exciting, scary, frustrating, daunting and fun…all at the same time. I hope to, one day, make a living this way, making art, selling art. But, if that never happens it’s okay…totally okay. It’s a journey, an adventure and I’m glad to be back on track.
Life is truly a journey! I’ve been on this one with:
- Phil-my husband of 23 years. His soul is incredible. He loves God and the arts and has the most amazing imagination. He inspires me, and I’m so glad God brought us together all those years ago.
- Judah-my son, who is an incredibly talented actor. He has Asperger’s, but has never let that stop him. He discovered acting in 2010 and never looked back. He inspires me to be a better person. Theatre IS therapy.
- Rachel-my daughter, who is an artist that defies description. She is simply amazing. Her imagination is off the charts, and at 17 has been contracted by many people in our area to create custom art work for them. I wish I could have a FRACTION of her talent!
- & Ali-our dog. A miniature schnauzer who is definitely a diva. She found us 13 years ago, and we wouldn’t change a thing.
Life is messy, Life is unpredictable, Life is uncontrollable. All this is true, and all this is what makes it amazing!
A FEW THINGS
- Paint on my hands makes me happy
- I get messy when making art
- You are apt to find shoes piled in my front hallway…
- Real is far better than perfect
- The only real control I have over life, is to realize I have no control
- Chocolate is a food group
- My house may be a wreck, but you are always welcome here
- MY FAITH in CHRIST is MY EVERYTHING
Thank you for taking the time to stop by and look at my art. I know that there is a WORLD full of people just like me, all vying for your time. I hope something about my work or story inspires or encourages you to pursue the creative potential inside YOUR heart….it’s there, trust me!